Numbers 32 to 36 of the present rue de la Monnaie were built by Nicolas Riglet after the great fire of 1524.
The beautiful 17th century façade featuring alternating brick and calcareous stone in damier champenois design (Champagne checkerwork) frames a carter’s entrance.
The iron balconies on the 1st floor date from the 18th century. Following the long corridor that leads to the back, the visitor arrives at number 34, the Hôtel des Le Febvre, rebuilt in the 18th century.
From 1888 to 1985, these buildings housed a press group and its print shop that produced Le Petit Républicain, which became La Tribune de l’Aube and, later, L’Est-Éclair.
The entire complex was restored between 1992 and 1994 and converted into apartments.
Add a review
There is no review about Hotel De La Croix D'or, be the first to leave one !