On the site of the former Abbey of Notre-Dame aux Nonnains, the largest abbey for women in the Troyes diocese in the Middle Ages, the current building, designed by the architect, La Brière, was completed in 1781.
The clock replaced a bronze bust by Désiré Briden (1889), which wal melted during the 1939-44 war. A group in white marble by Suchetet, “Le Rapt” (a triton kidnapping a nymph) decorates the square.
Add a review
There is no review about La Prefecture, be the first to leave one !