This commune covers nearly 16km² and has around 480 inhabitants who are known as ‘Juvéniens’. It is located 23km south-west of Troyes. Reached via the D1, D25 or the D34, it is 16km from junction 21 (Saint-Thibault) of the A5 from Paris.
Village life is thriving thanks to its events and sporting associations, such as Gym Volontaire, and activities for children and young people provided by the inter-communal school group. In green and peaceful surroundings, Jeugny is on the doorstep of the Forêt d’Aumont which is a great place to unwind all year round.
In Rue de la Gare a 25m tall brick chimney can still be seen behind the new houses. The factory - a sawmill - which was established between 1900 and 1910, closed its doors in 1996.
Next to the D1, the church of Saint-Barthélémy, built between 1846 and 1850 is oriented to the north. The 19th-century drew inspiration from the past other than from Romanesque and Gothic architecture, and it was Roman basilicas that attracted the architects of this church. The nave is flanked by side aisles, pierced with semi-circular arched windows that mirror those high up in the nave. The apse is semi-circular and there are no transepts.
A square column decorated with a palm branch and perched on a pedestal pays homage to those killed in the First World War.