Fermeture de la Cité du Vitrail
Museum , Sacred art at Troyes
See photos (6)
On December 30, 2018, the prefiguration space of the Cité du vitrail closed its doors.
After 5 years of exhibition, nearly 160,000 visitors, numerous cultural, educational and scientific activities, the Cité du vitrail continues its transformation. In 2021, it will invest the 3000 m² of the west wing of Hôtel-Dieu-Le-Comte after its rehabilitation by the Aube Department.
A City always closer to you!
In 2019 and 2020, while preparing its final installation, the Stained Glass City will remain active.
She will propose:
off-wall exhibitions in the Aube
monthly conferences at the Aube Congress Centre
workshops for schoolchildren and those who are unable to attend (sick, disabled)
events in the garden of the Hôtel-Dieu
Dawn in Champagne, European capital of stained glass
- Nearly 10 centuries of stained glass history, 12th to 21st century
- 9000 m² of glass roof prior to the French Revolution
- 2048 bays protected as Historic Monuments
- 1042 16th century and 1439 19th century bays, the two golden ages of the Aube stained glass window
- Stained glass windows in more than 200 churches and public buildings
- An art that is still alive: more than 150 berries created over the last 20 years by prestigious workshops.
- In the town centre
- Spoken languages
- Accepted customers
- Group visits
- Aube in Champagne presents the largest collection of stained glass in situ in Europe. Before it closes for expansion at the end of 2018, discover the Cité du vitrail through personalized guided tours for your partners. In the heart of Troyes, the hotel will re-open in 2021 and welcome you to the Hôtel-Dieu-Le-Comte for your professional events. It will offer you a permanent didactic and educational course to apprehend this art of light. Guided tours in French and English will be available throughout the year. Privatized meeting and reception areas available indoors and outdoors, including the garden with views of the cathedral and the basin of the prefecture.
- Groups (Max capacity)
- A partir de 11 Person(s)
Contact by email
- See all reviews
- Activities for children
- Access for disabled
- Guided tours
- Educational visits