On the site of the former Abbey of Notre-Dame aux Nonnains, the largest abbey for women in the Troyes diocese in the Middle Ages, the current building, designed by the architect, La Brière, was completed in 1781.
The clock replaced a bronze bust by Désiré Briden (1889), which wal melted during the 1939-44 war. A group in white marble by Suchetet, “Le Rapt” (a triton kidnapping a nymph) decorates the square.
- In the town centre
Add a review
There is no review about La Préfecture, be the first to leave one !