Max Berthelin's first wooden circus was completely destroyed by a huge fire in 1892.
In 1905, Henri Schmit's new municipal circus was built and hosted equestrian shows, boxing fights and even cinema. Classified as a historical monument in 1975, it closed its doors for three years to be converted into a theatre.
In 1978, the theatre of Champagne was born. This theater with a capacity of 1,080 seats or 1,350 seats seated/standing hosts contemporary shows of all kinds according to a program set up in particular by the Maison du Boulanger - Centre Culturel.