- Former site of the palace of the Counts of Champagne built around 1157 by Henry 1 The Liberal. The palace has two floors; it is flanked by the Saint-Etienne - administered by a chapter of 60 canons. At the top level, a forum allows counties to attend services. The former gardens of the cloister of Saint-Etienne were located on the existing wharf La Fontaine. During the Revolution, the Palace of the Counts of Champagne is partially dismembered. It is definitely destroyed in 1806, transformed into "timber port" following the creation of the channel of the Upper Seine and finally converted into a garden in 1900.'s Garden Square Courtyard is ideal for a short break with view channel.
- In the town centre
Add a review
There is no review about Place Du Préau, be the first to leave one !