As early as 753, Montier-la-Celle had property in Bonneval. The parish, at the time of the presentation, in 1107, of the abbot of Montier-la-Celle, was very large: it included the communities of Assenay, Lirey, Longeville, des Maupas, Prunay, Villery and Javernant. The church collapsed in 1818. The present neo-gothic church was built between 1826 and 1830.
Church with an elongated plan; hemicircular apse; nave with 3 naves and 7 bays; bell tower above the western entrance.
(Text extracted from the inventory of the Champagne-Ardenne heritage)