Listed or registered (CNMHS) , Gothic , Church at Bouilly
See photos (4)
The church, located in the centre of the village, is under the name of Saint-Laurent.
It is classified among the flamboyant gothic churches of the 16th century. Begun around 1515, the building was built in several phases until 1956. It is the largest of the churches in the district of Troyes.
A terrible fire damaged it in 1702. Repaired only a century later, it remained very fragile. For several decades now, various restoration campaigns have been consolidating and restoring it. Among its treasures is a magnificent stone altarpiece, attributed to François Gentil, a pupil of Dominique le Florentin, listed since 1896, and its remarkable statuary, from the 16th century Trojan School, with Sainte-Marguerite, a Christ-aux-Liens, a Piéta, ...
(Text extracted from the official website of the town hall of Bouilly)
- Spoken languages
Contact by email
- See all reviews