Eglise Saint Luc
Church , Listed or registered (CNMHS) , Historic site and monument , Renaissance at La Chapelle-Saint-Luc
See photos (3)
Situated north of La Chapelle Saint-Luc, the church of flamboyant gothic style was built in two stages: the apse, the double transept and the eastern bay date from 1531. The bay and the west façade date from 1579.
Built on a cross plan. Single nave with two bays without aisles. Double transept. Three-sided apse. 16th century stone altarpiece representing the Life of the Virgin, influenced by Dominique Le Florentin. 13th century stone statue of the Virgin and Child. Beautiful 16th century stained glass windows. A few enamelled tiles from the 16th century make up the current tiling of the baptismal font.
- Outskirts of town
- See all reviews