Eglise Saint-Pierre et Saint-Paul
Church at Bouranton
See photos (3)
The church of St. Peter and St. Paul, with a Latin cross plan, consists of a nave, transept and three-sided apse. The main door, redesigned at the beginning of the 20th century, has preserved its very sharp ogival archivolt with its low arch lintel. Above this door there used to be a walled window that lit up the nave. The attic is illuminated by a trilobe pierced at the level of the gable of the façade. To the south, a small side door opens onto the cemetery that surrounds the church for the most part.
The attic of the nave, lower than that of the transept, is topped by a slate-covered bell tower, housing a bell dating from 1578. The choir was built in the 16th century and is delimited by two wavy pillars at the corners of the transept.
(Text extracted from the Safeguard of French Art)
- Spoken languages
- See all reviews