Church , Historic site and monument at Montgueux
See photos (2)
In the centre of Montgueux, several streets converge on the church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, dated from the 16th century, it is registered in the supplementary inventory of historical monuments in 1938 and its 16th century stained glass windows are classified as historical monuments since 1913.
The church has a rectangular architecture, without transept, the originality of its structure is found in the design of its vaults. The combination of warheads, liernes, tiercerons and ribs finally create five different kinds of vaults in the church of Montgueux.
It preserves a varied furniture, some elements of which are classified as historical monuments, including a bronze bell from 1583, two 16th century limestone sculptures, one representing Saint Roch and the other Saint Barbe, as well as a celebrant's armchair accompanied by its two stools, dating from the 19th century, their white fabric with delicate flowers is probably of the period.
- Spoken languages
- See all reviews