Les Archives de l'Aube
Library , Public utilities at Troyes
The department of archives and heritage, created in 2012 from the merger of the departmental archives and the department of cultural development, has the following missions (departmental decree n°2015-1277):
- The collection of archive documents from the department's public administrations and services;
- The enrichment of the department's memory through donations, deposits or purchases of documents of private origin.
- The conservation, preservation and packaging of archives ;
- The filing of archives;
- Communication and promotion of archival documents: exhibitions, conferences, lectures, workshops, visits, website;
- The management of cultural and heritage projects;
- The promotion of heritage and culture;
- Participation in the development of cultural action in general.
Today it includes the Departmental Archives of the Aube and the Cité du Vitrail.
The mission of the Departmental Archives of Aube is to provide their readers with works of particular interest to the department of Aube or the Champagne-Ardenne region, or the general history of France.
This collection is less generalist than that of the Media Library of Troyes Champagne Métropole and has a particular wealth on themes relating to local history.
Opening hours of the reading room :
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9am to 5pm (non-stop),
Document service: from 9:00 to 11:45 and from 13:00 to 16:30.
The reading room remains open to the public.
Annual closure second week of June and between 25 December and 1 January.
- Outskirts of town
- Spoken languages
Contact by email
- See all reviews
- All year
Monday9:00 AM5:00 PM
Tuesday9:00 AM5:00 PM
Wednesday9:00 AM5:00 PM
Thursday9:00 AM5:00 PM